Hey, I hope your weekend has been full of love, family, and of course great food!
My tips for you this week are about cake baking. Last week I posted a quick lemon bundt that could brighten any winter day!
As a cake decorator, I’ve had to figure out what works best for my clients, the design, and of course what tastes great. Let’s be real…who wants a pretty cake that tastes awful? The answer is no one! Although it does happen unfortunately. Here are a few tips to help make your cake baking experience a little easier. Let me know how they work out for you.
1. If your cake is heavy unintentionally, you may have used too much sugar or you haven’t cooked it long enough.
2. If your cake falls (it happens to all of us) there could be several reasons…a)you may have used too much sugar. b) not enough flour. c)outdated baking powder. d)haven’t cooked it long enough. The one thing that probably doesn’t cause it to fall is running through the house…lol…as children we were told that many times…lol
3. Uneven browning could be caused by baking at too high of a temperature and crowding the oven shelf. My suggestion is always use an oven thermometer and have at least two inches around each pan.
4. Always mix your batter well on medium speed (unless otherwise directed)scraping the sides periodically to incorporate all ingredients. You don’t want to miss anything or over mix.
5. Always add love to whatever you do! It makes everything better!
I hope these tips have helped you. This is what I worked on over the weekend.