Hey y’all! I hope all is well with each and every one of you! It’s been a while since my last post but never fear…I’m always near. LOL. Many of you know my mama passed away one year ago. I have to admit, it has been one of the toughest emotional losses I’ve ever dealt with in my life. If you take away anything from this blog post, please let it be to give your loved ones their flowers while they can enjoy them. I’m so glad I did. Call, text, laugh, eat, get together and enjoy each other.
I know Covid 19, the unfortunate gift that keeps on giving…has been a challenge all in itself for everyone and the difficulty of being together is rough. However, that’s why we have the wonderful world of technology that allows us to be together virtually. Yes, I know it’s not the same but at least it gives an option to be able to see each other. Social distance is the new normal. So with that being said, we have to find creative ways to show kindness and love. It still doesn’t cost anything and you can always create more by tapping into your heart and allowing your light to shine as it was always meant to.
In honor of my mother, I’m sharing a recipe that she taught me called Chocolate Supreme only with a twist. I’m going to give you a mini version that doesn’t require any actual cooking. I’m not sure where she got the recipe but I know that my family enjoys this tremendously, cool, luscious, chocolatey, nutty dessert. So without further ado, let me know how you like it.
8 oz container of whipped cream cheese
1- 8 o z container of cool whip
1/2 cup sugar
1 small box of instant chocolate pudding
2 cups of milk
1/3 cup of chopped nuts (walnuts and/or pecans)
2- 6 packs of mini ready graham cracker crusts
- In a bowl, mix the pudding according to directions. One packet with 2 cups of milk. Set aside in the fridge.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy. Add 1/2 the cool whip. Set aside in the fridge.
- Time to put it all together….
- In each of the ready crusts, add a few chopped nuts and then add a couple spoons of the cream cheese mixture. After that layer, add some chocolate pudding. To top it off add a spoonful of cool whip and then a few nuts for decoration.
- Put them in the fridge to chill for an hour and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy them! Remember, kindness doesn’t cost a thing so be kind to each other.