Hello there. Today offers love and good food. My uncle and my cousins have come home. So of course Grandma and I are cooking. Who can turn down a family get together…not this gal. I’m in charge of the sweet treats of course. So using what I have on hand is quick and keeps me from having to do a lot of shopping. There will be something for everyone to enjoy. The kids get red velvet cake pops, chocolate covered pretzels, and brownies. The adults get my quick lemon cake and peach cobbler. Although everyone is welcome to eat what they like. The kid’s have treats that can be carried by hand! They can grab and go…who wants to be cooped up on a beautiful sunny day like this plus they can burn the sugar off while playing.
Everything does not have to be from scratch. Doctoring up a box mix is always easy and you don’t need many extra ingredients. Sometimes just the fact that you don’t have to start from scratch makes everything seem a little easier. Make it easy for yourself! When you have time and you want to, then create from scratch. I just want everyone to be happy and enjoy each other while taking in some food love!
Today you get 2 recipes…one is for happiness and the other is for cake! I hope you enjoy them both! The happiness recipe I came across while I was strolling on the Internet. A website called http://www.oldrecipebook.com. The author of the poem is unknown. I think it works, how about you?
Recipe for Happiness
2 heaping cups of patience
1 heartful of love
2 handsful of generosity
a dash of laughter
1 headful of understanding
Sprinkle generously with kindness. Add plenty of faith, and mix well. Spread over a period of a lifetime and serve to everyone you meet.
Lemon Bundt with Strawberries
1 box of lemon cake mix
1 small box of Jello instant lemon pudding
4 large eggs
1/3 cup of canola oil
1/2 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup of milk ( I prefer whole milk but you can substitute what you like)
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp lemon flavoring
1 cup of lemon frosting of your choice.
15-20 fresh strawberries
2 tbs sugar
1. Pre heat oven to 330° f. Spray your baking pan with baking spray.
2. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour batter into your large bundt pan.
3. Bake for about an hour. Check it in 50 minutes. Depending on your oven it may be done.
4. While the cake is baking, wash and cut your berries. Add the 2 tablespoons of sugar and let sit in the refrigerator.
5. When the cake is done, remove from oven and let sit on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Remove from pan and drizzle the frosting over it. Let it continue to cool completely.
6. Once cake is completely cooled add the strawberries to the middle of the cake. Serve to family.
I thoroughly enjoyed my family today! I hope your day has been full of good people, lots of love, and exceptional food! Let me know what you think about the cake! Enjoy.