I went to visit a friend to begin my month long birthday celebration a few months ago and boy did we have a good time…laughing, talking, catching up. We all need to do that sometimes. You know how it is when girlfriends get together…and although she didn’t cook for me…lol…I made her a cake that she has been requesting for quite some time now. So I’ve decided to name it after her. Fortunately, her family enjoys a little more sugar than she does. I had to add that in there because she was so happy when she started eating her slice and although her intention was to only sample a little she ended up eating the whole slice. She strives to eat very little sugar and this cake was definitely more than her normal share. However, the family was so glad I made it and truly enjoyed it as did she!
I think a little indulgence is warranted every now and then. Moderation is key to anything in life. Life would be boring without awesome sweet treats! The summer gardens offer so many great healthy choices that make it a lot easier for me to eat healthier. So after eating healthy all week please treat yourself to a slice of this heavenly delicious pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting. It will make your tongue slap your brains out….lol! Yes, it’s that good! Let’s cook! Let me know what you think!
Sherry’s Pineapple Cake
3 sticks of butter (unsalted)
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups of SRF (self rising flour)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or pineapple
1 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup of pineapple juice
1 can of crushed pineapple
1 tbs SRF
3 tbs sugar
2 tbs butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time and mix until blended.
3. Add extract to the butter mixture.
4. Add a third of the SRF alternating with the milk and the pineapple juice. (for each cup of SRF add 1/2 cup of liquid) to the butter mixture.
5. Divide batter into three 8″ round pans that have been greased and floured or sprayed with Baker’s Joy(my fav). Bake in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes. Bake times will vary depending on your oven. Check the center with a toothpick to make sure its done. Normally it will pull away from the sides of the pan when it’s done.
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
7. While the layers are cooling you will need to prepare the filling.
Directions for Filling:
You need a small pot. Combine butter and flour into a rue. Cook on medium heat until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Cook until well mixed and it thickens slightly.
Preparing the cake:
One layer of cake then spread a generous amount of the filling on top. Make sure you leave a little space between the edge of the cake and the filling because it will ooze out the side of the cake if you’re not careful when you add the next layer. Once you have completed the layering process, you will use the cream cheese recipe from a previous post to ice the outside of the cake. Decorate the top with crushed pineapple.
Next step is to EAT!!!! Thank you for reading and ENJOY!! Make sure to share with your family and friends! I’m super excited to be blogging again and I hope you enjoy the recipe! Let me know what you think in the comments.
One thought on “Sherry’s Pineapple Cake”
Sis what a great weekend and much needed. This cake was absolutely amazing .
Comments are closed.